Back to Policies List


Grades of In-Progress or Incomplete, Undergraduate, Personalized Learning

Type: Grading
Effective Date: 7/1/2018


Depending on the situation:

Complete a Request for "IP" Grade form, usually available in the departmental office.


Complete a “Generic Incomplete” form, available on the Registrar’s Office site or from the departmental office.

Meet with your instructor to map out the contract, which must state expectations and a definite start/due date. Obtain other appropriate departmental approvals (if applicable). Complete the required work and submit it to the instructor. Once the contract work is successfully completed, the instructor will submit the appropriate grade change to the Registrar and your record will be revised.

Petition eligible: Yes

Students may petition the instructor for a one-year extension which must also be approved by the chair of the unit that offered the class.

Related policies:

Back to Policies List